Monday, July 24, 2006

Wake Boarding



Today I went Wake Boarding for the first time!!! It was soooo much fun! There were four of us that were supposed to go, but Hisano-san chickened-out at the last minute. So, the three of us headed for Kariyushi Beach, just below Nago, Okinawa. The water was very choppy because there is a typhoon that is supposed to come just south of the island in a few days.


Here is Shota-san waiting for the boat to pick him up.

This is Saki-san.....she always has a smile on her face! She is very good at Wake Boarding. I was impressed!

Here I am !! I was able stand up on top of the water on the first try.

I hope we go again soon!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You think your soooo cool, well kondo, watshi wa gambari masu!

Carolie said...

Thanks for the comment! The waveboarding looks too cool!

I *think* you said on my blog:

I am excited. (?) Do your best with Japanese! I am doing my best!
Your cousin,
Emily

Is that right? I'm unsure of the first sentence! I think kando is excitement, and the verb imasu is "to be" but I don't know how "shite" works yet. Help! Oh, and I wrote you an answer on my blog! (Not very good, but I'm learning!)

Carolie said...

I found it! "Kando shita" means "I was moved" or "I was excited." Yay!