Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Ishigaki Island, Part 2

During our stay on Ishigaki island, Dave and I took a ferry to Taketome Island. There we rented bicycles and peddled our way around to see all the original/traditional homes.


We also made our way to down to the water (East China Sea). Here is a picture of me helping some mainland Japanese girls get the perfect vacation photo.


Our last night on Ishigaki island, Dave and I spent eating one of the best meals ever!!! Ishigaki-gyu! Ishigaki beef is unbelievable. The famous Kobe beef is originally from Ishigaki island. If you ever get the chance to try either of these two types of beef, please do!!! It's worth the money!



5 comments:

Carolie said...

Cool shots, Em! Where is Ishigaki Island in reference to where you live?

エミリ said...

Ishigaki island is southwest of here... just before Taiwan. It was about a 40 min flight from Naha.

Carolie said...

Thanks! Hey, it looks like I might be in Oki for a Tiger Cruise that would start on November 20. If I came a few days earlier, could I spend some time with you? Let me know!

Anonymous said...

Ishigaki beef MMmmmm sounds awesome if it is better than Kobe beef I could see why Dave cried over it:) Kobe was awesome and worth every penny...I mean Yen! I am definatly jealous of you two even if you had to see the cows before you ate them(that was good one Dave) TTYL Proulxs
p.s Dave your blog is not working to respond to??

エミリ said...

Carolie-
Of course you can stay with us! I'd love to show you Oki!!!

Tom-
Yes, Dave thought he was funny bringing me to the farm to eat! Luckily, I couldn't see them because it was at night!