Monday, September 18, 2006

Somewhere Over the Rainbow


This is the Ryukyu glass factory! This is one of my favorite places to go in Okinawa. Hand-blown glass is so awesome. I love to win different glasses playing the ping-pong game down in the discounted area. Between Dave and I we have won quite a variety of glassware! Everytime I drive up to the factory, I think about Rainbow Brite (my favorite childhood cartoon)! Does anyone else think that when they look at this picture? Let me know if I'm crazy. haha (if you like, leave a comment just below this entry). I'm not sure if anyone ever reads my blog entries, so I'd love to hear from you!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey girlie, i think i figured it out, i always look at your blog and yes this does look like a rainbow brite location. ha ha ha love ya mommy

エミリ said...

Hey Mom!
I knew you'd recognize this as rainbow brite's house! haha! Thanks for leaving the comment. I knew you could do it! haha!
Love ya,
Em

Carolie said...

I'm so jealous of your proximity to the glass place!!!

Carolie said...

Ha ha...just saw your reply to my comment about the rice cooker! Yes, I will get some recipes together and send them to you. I LOVE my rice cooker!!

エミリ said...

Karori-chan!
Anato no 'glass' kaimashita! Demo, Yukiko-san to ai ni matte imasu. Sonoato, okinawa no omiyage wo okurimasu ne! (bunpo wa jouzu janai, gomene) Gambarimasu!
I bought your glass! However, I am waiting to meet with Yukiko-san. After that, I will send your Okinawan gifts (souvenirs). (my grammar is not good, sorry) I'll try my best!
Anata no itoko,
Emiri

Anonymous said...

Hey Sis, You don't have to go all the way to Okinawa to get blown glass. You could have just asked Jessie to blow it for you. But now I know that you are willing to play silly games for glasswork, wait till you are back in the US!!!

エミリ said...

Hey Bro,
Yes, I love silly games! I'm starting to get quite a large collection of Ryukyu glass!
Love ya,
Em