Friday, September 08, 2006

Zamami Island

Last weekend we went to Zamami Island with some friends. The weather wasn't that great, but we made the best of it! Zamami Island is about a 50 minute ferry ride from Naha, Okinawa.

I was excited to see the tatami-style bunk-beds in our cabin.



We barbequed for some friends that were visiting Okinawa from mainland Japan.


Yaki-Soba!!! Oishikatta!! It was delicious!!!

The day turned into quite a cooking lesson for me....I was also taught how to make rice in a rice-maker. Now if I can only figure out how to read the buttons on the rice-maker I bought....haha!

2 comments:

Carolie said...

Em, I adore my rice maker! You will LOVE having one, and never, ever want to make rice in a pot again! Let me know, I will send you recipes. I bought an entire rice cooker recipe book!

エミリ said...

Wow, I just saw your comment for the first time today! Sorry for the late reply...since I posted this, I have made rice in my rice maker and you are right!... I'm never making rice in a pot again! I'd love some recipes for my suihanki(rice cooker).