Friday, October 27, 2006

Learning to type in Japanese



Last night I created my own little map of the hiragana characters on the keyboard. As of now we don't have a Japanese keyboad, but I can switch the language on the computer and then type in Japanese. As it turns out, just as our English letters are placed in no logical order across the keyboard, so are Japanese letters. This makes learning to type on the computer in Japanese much more difficult than I had originally thought.
When I return to the USA, I won't be able to type in Japanese using my cell-phone...waaaaa!!! Therefore, if I want to continue to communicate with my Okinawan friends, I must learn how to type all over again!!!! ahhhh!!!

3 comments:

Carolie said...

Oh NO! Here I was all excited because I can type in Japanese using my Romanji keyboard...you mean there are Japanese keyboards?? EEeeeek!!!

エミリ said...

Karori-chan,
I'm not exactly sure.... I hope to get one before I leave here. I just wrote down what hiragana corespond to the keys I have on my keyboard. I'll let you know what I find out.... hope to see you soon!
Anata no itoko,
Emiri

Carolie said...

The Hong Kong trip was cancelled (waaah!) but that means I can get my act together and figure out a trip to Oki. I'll call you. I have a friend who may come with me to Oki, so we might get a hotel. Her blog is http://beccajapan.blogspot.com/