Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Tonkatsu Taro


Last night we took Grandpa to Tonkatsu Taro. Tonkatsu is pork cutlet breaded and fried. It is sooooo delicious! You can dip your tonkatsu into a type of BBQ sauce that you mix together with sesame. You grind the sesame seeds up yourself and then pour in however much sauce you'd like.
Here is a pic of me with my Tonkatsu set. This is one of my favorite meals on island! I get so excited when we go to this particular restaurant, I usually end up bouncing in my seat as I eat my food. Shiawase! Happiness!

3 comments:

Carolie said...

Emiri-chan,

I've been to a tonkatsu restaurant, and figured out about grinding the sesame seeds, but had no idea I was supposed to pour the sauce into the ground seeds! I bet the waitress was laughing as we tried to dump the ground sesame seeds on our food!

I took a friend and her visiting parents to the tonkatsu restaurant recently, and THIS time, thanks to your blog, I knew what to do! YUM!!

Hope to see you next month...not sure about dates yet. Waiting for official word.

Anata no itoko,
Karori

Carolie said...

Oh...meant to tell you...went to karaoke for the very first time a couple of weeks ago...."The Westerner". Gotta catch up on my blog so I can post photos. VERY funny!

エミリ said...

Karori-chan,
It's great to hear from you! I'm glad you are enjoying tonkatsu as much as I.....perhaps when you come down to Oki we can hit the tonkatsu-taro together!!! yea! OISHII!!!! I can't wait to hear about your karaoke experience...maybe we can do that too when you get here.
Anata no itoko,
Emiri
ps-my wisdom teeth won't be pulled until Nov. 29th...so, we won't have to worry about that when you visit Oki.