Friday, October 13, 2006

Unique things in Okinawa, part 2


This is yet another perk about cell phones in Japan. Now, I've been out of the US for about 2 years now, so I'm not sure if this exists there yet... someone will have to let me know. This is a vending machine that you can swipe your cell phone (which will act like a debit card) to buy your drink. Not all the machines here have this but I have seen a good bit of them on island.


Ok, this is a picture of the hours for one of the Izakayas in Okinawa City. Notice that they open at 5pm and close at 9am.....a complete reverse of normal business hours. Many restaurants/izakayas are open "overnight".... that's Okinawan style..... I love it!

I couldn't resist taking a picture of this. This is a doggie-treadmill....I guess since many homes here don't have yards for their pups to run, people can buy this to get their dog some exercise...haha!

No comments: